REPORTS TO: Executive Chef and/or Pastry Chef
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
- Prepares salads, cold appetizers, sandwiches, salad dressings, and cold banquet platters.
- Prepares and cooks pizza’s.
- Display’s desserts according to listed guidelines.
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, fruits, or vegetables used for cold food production.
- Prepares vegetables for salads by peeling, paring, coring, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting, or scoring.
- Prepares garnishes for cold food plates and platters.
- Slices or cuts meats, cheeses, vegetables, and other items for salads, sandwiches or cold platters.
- Assembles sandwiches, cold appetizers, cold platters, and salads.
- Prepares salad dressings, cold sauces, and dips.
- Follows guidelines set for pastry cooler as listed.
- Completes orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Controls expenses by producing only what is needed, and preparing items correctly the first time.
- Properly labels, rotates and stores all products. Keeps coolers, storage rooms and reach-ins organized.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation.
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Ensures good safety practices.
- Foster positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary culinary arts training program degree highly desirable
- Minimum of one (1) year previous food preparation experience required.
- Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background check;
- Talk; hear; see in color; adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision;
- Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.