REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
- Prepares sponges, fillings, toppings, frostings, icings, and assembles them into tortes.
- Decorates cakes, tortes, and other pastries.
- Prepares pies, cakes, cookies, and other baked desserts.
- Prepares garnishes for pastries and other desserts.
- Completes orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supervises production of all pastry items.
- Controls expenses by producing only what is needed, and preparing items correctly the first time.
- Properly labels, rotates and stores all products. Keeps coolers, storage rooms and reach-ins organized.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation.
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Ensures good safety practices.
- Foster positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary culinary arts training program degree highly desirable
- Minimum of three (3) years previous pastry preparation experience required.
- Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background check;
- Talk; hear; see in color; adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision;
- Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.