Directs and organizes the Housekeeping Department (which includes Housekeeping and Laundry) of a seasonal and busy resort destination, in order to maximize standards of quality, service, and cleaning. Motivates and ensures that staff perform outstanding guest service. Maintain interdepartmental lines of communication and interact daily with guests and resort staff.Apply For PositionApply For Position
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
· Provides leadership and direction to housekeeping team leaders, room attendants, laundry attendants, and housekeeping runners regarding costs, quality, and service levels. Holds meetings to ensure regular, timely communication. Assists staff out in the field and inspects rooms.
· Responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling,time management and performance management of entire department.
· Maintains and updates required SDS book,inventories, lost and found along with ordering and organizing supplies.
· Utilizes Alice for monitoring and assigning rooms and maintenance requests.
· Ensures “guest first” attitude among team members and provides a friendly guest contact experience.
· Researches and recommends new techniques,products, and furnishings to maximize the profitable operation of the housekeeping department.
· Ensures good safety practices of department employees, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures. Implements injury and illness prevention programs for department.
· Prepares accurate and aggressive long- and short-term financial objectives for department, consistent with Ruttger’s objectives.
· Investigates and resolves guest complaints for maximum service recovery and satisfaction.
· Serves as an active member of the operations team and attends weekly meetings.
· Fosters positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
· Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Previous housekeeping within a resort or hotel environment preferred.
· Previous management experience, including budgeting and expense control, and supervision of staff required.
· Experience with MS Office and property management systems recommended.
· Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background and motor vehicle check and have valid Driver’s License.
· During the season, must be available to work a typical hours and days, including nights and weekends.
· Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.