Food & Beverage Department
Host / Hostess
Responsible for greeting and seating all guests in the dining room, to ensure smooth and efficient guest service. Perform outstanding guest service on a daily basis. Maintain interdepartmental lines of communication, and interact on a daily basis with guests and resort staff.Apply For PositionApply For Position
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
- Greet guests upon arrival. Escort guests to assigned table.
- Assist with servers as needed.
- Familiar with dining room menus and beverage selections.
- Able to answer guest questions regarding all resort facilities and surrounding areas.
- Takes dining reservations in person or over the phone.
- Prepares and maintains fire throughout shift.
- Straightens fireplace lobby.
- Ensures good safety practices.
- Foster positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Use POS to take to go orders.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Previous hotel or restaurant customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background check.
- Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.