REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
- Responsible for the direction and performance of activities of the housekeeping department.
- Provides leadership and direction to housekeeping team leaders, room attendants, laundry attendants, and housekeeping runners regarding costs, quality, and service levels. Holds meetings to ensure regular, timely communication.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling and performance management of entire department staff.
- Ensures “guest first” attitude among team members and provides a friendly guest contact experience.
- Ensures good safety practices of department employees, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures. Implements injury and illness prevention programs for department.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints for maximum service recovery and satisfaction.
- Serves as an active member of the operations team.
- Fosters positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Previous housekeeping within a resort or hotel environment preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Office and property management systems recommended.
- Must have inventory control experience; be organized and extremely detail oriented.
- Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background check.
- During the season, must be available to work atypical hours and days, including nights and weekends.
- Talk; hear; see in color; adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision.
- Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.