REPORTS TO: PGA Head Golf Professional
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
- Assist in the direction and performance of all activities of Golf Shop departments.
- Provides leadership and direction to Golf Shop sales staff, outside rangers and starters, and other golf course staff regarding quality and service levels.
- Assist in hiring, training, and performance management of entire department staff.
- Assist in golf instruction, clinics, merchandising, inventory control, on-course management, cart management, and outside services management.
- Ensures good safety practices of department employees.
- Enforce resort policies including regulations regarding play on the golf courses.
- Communicate in a positive manner with all staff to provide direction and praise.
- Work with resort management and Golf Course Superintendent to improve the courses and golf operation.
- Work with sales and marketing departments, i.e. Group Sales, Vacation Sales, Marketing, Activities, and Event Planning to schedule and coordinate the golfing needs of all guests.
- Develop and implement golf specific electronic marketing and regular communication with members and loyal customer base.
- Foster positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Act on behalf of the Head Golf Professional in their absence.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Progress toward PGA Class-A membership
- Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background check;
- Talk; hear; see in color; adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision;
- Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.